Sunday 25 July 2010

Let the planning begin!

Planning a party - I LIVE FOR THIS.  Remember how long it took me to plan our wedding? :)

Call me OC but this early, I am already planning Sobie's baptism.  I figure it's best I plan ahead while I'm still not busy.  I can just imagine how occupied I'll be once our little princess is born - nappy changes, breastfeeding (I hope...) and all the drama.  It's also near Christmas and New Year so I doubt if suppliers would have the time to entertain meet-ups and inquiries.   Plus I have our house to decorate - okay, this deserves another blog entry.

So what have I done so far:

Church - B and I want to hold it at Santuario de San Antonio, same Church we got married last December.  I've attended several baptism ceremonies there and can I just say, the baptistry is really lovely! They also hold private baptisms so that's really a plus! So last week, I inquired.  One of the requirements to reserve a slot is the birth certificate - sadly wala pa.  Hahahaha.  So note to self - after giving birth and securing Sobie's birth certificate, punta na agad ng SSA. :)


Venue - We already have one in mind but I prefer not to share it yet. Thanks to my dear father in law who managed to reserve it for us - connections, connections!  Hehehe, pati siya do nakaligtas sa mga errands. :) Will blog about this some other time.  But for now, we're 90% sure about it.  It's within Makati Area.

Photo Coverage - I am seriously considering Ging Lorenzo.  I have inquired already, still waiting for her reply.

Party Planner/Venue Styling - I've shortlisted around 3.  Still waiting for all quotations then I'll pick one. I want to take advantage of their early bird promotions.

Ninong/Ninang - work in progress though I've informed a few already.  Still completing the roster.

Theme -  Picked! Definitely not a cartoon character -  I will reserve that for Sobie's first birthday.

Baptismal Gown - none yet.  Might just buy off the rack if I see something pretty.

Reception Dress - c/o Tito Doc/Ninong Arnel.  He will have one made from Randy Ortiz.  Yay, I'm sooo excited.  :)  I can tell Sobie's going to be a kikay!

Invites - Shortlisted some suppliers.  Still waiting for other quotations.  I'm still contemplating on DIYing this... But would I be able to pull this off?  We shall see...

Favors - Not finalized but definitely not the kind that gathers alikabok over time.  It has to be of practical use, may be even edible (cupcakes?)

Preps - B suggested we check-in in one of the nearby hotels in the area - this part, I am hesitant about.  Ang gastos! :) On the hand, it would be a great venue for the pictorial.  Now, I'm imagining Sobie (and me) posing near the stairwell of Manila Pen or Makati Shang.  Hahahaha.  Erase! Erase!

DIY - Baptismal candles

Others -  B wanted to bring beer kegs, hahaha.  I like the idea.  But I think it would be unfair to me.  I will be breastfeeding then which means I can't drink :( (Oh, the things I do for you Sobie!)

So, there! Not bad right?  Considering I have like 6 months to go. (Hinde ako excited, hindi ako excited :P)

We have a strict budget for Sobie's baptism so I'm really trying my best to scrimp. Wish me luck.